Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A view from the top

When I got off the plane here in Pang for the first time I saw Mount Duval and said, "that’s my dad’s mountain". I said it because I could just picture him arriving here and saying that he wanted to climb it. He’s just that kind of guy. So when Mom and Dad arrived on Friday evening the first thing we had planned was to do just that.

It took us about 3 hours to reach the top which I’m pretty happy with. Considering we (my father excluded) are not in the best physical shape I wasn’t sure a successful climb would be possible. It was a tough climb with deep snow as we got closer to the top but still easier than I expected. Seeing the view of town and the Pang Pass from the top made it all worth while.


Taking a break.

Town from the top.

The tundra was very beautiful. So many different colors and textures and very spongy.

The Pang Pass in the background.

To see many more pictures of our day check out Sarah's photo's here.


1 comment:

Jody said...

What a beautiful view :)