Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Oliver's First Day

My little man started pre-school today.

Oliver being Oliver I wasn't sure what to expect from him. He claimed to be excited but for anyone who knows O, he doesn't get excited about anything.

EVER.

I guess you can't change a kid overnight and the day turned out to be a truely Oliver day. He wasn't at all interested in doing what the other kids were doing, he just wanted to do his own thing. I kept thinking that at least he wasn't the kid who was crying in to her mothers lap the whole time and left early. So things could be worse. I'm sure the next few months will change O alot. He's not used to a stuctured environment like that and he's certainly not used to being around a large group of kids his own age. As much as I love his independent spirit, I hope that he learns the value and the fun that can be had with participating in a group. I haven't been able to find a way to make that happen for him. And maybe he just is who he is.

He says he wants to go back on Monday so that's a good start. I think things will be different too when I'm not there with him. Only time will tell.


No comments: