Friday, October 15, 2010

The sound of silence






Do you hear that?? Since you're on the other end of a computer I'm sure what you hear is silence on my end... and guess what? So do I!!! Blissful silence. Both boys are down for a nap, at the same time and I have a little bit of time for myself. Me time! I forgot how lovely it was.


Since being back up north Oliver, my wonderful sleeper, has decided that he will still sleep but only after he fights us every step of the way to get there. He also figured out he could get out of his crib by basically throwing himself over the rail. In worry for his neck and not wanting him to break it, we took the mattress out of it and put it on the floor till his big boy bed arrived on sealift. He loves the new bed but we have to sit with him untill he falls asleep which is difficult when I'm home alone and Isaac is fussing. I'm sure much of this is in reaction to Isaac joining the family. I'm hoping it will pass soon and he'll go back to his blissfully cooperative self.


Isaac has settled into being home and is doing well. My only complaint is that he eats, for a long time. O was never a big eater and along with sleeping many hours at a time since day one, when he did get up to eat I was usually back in bed in less than 30 minutes. With Isaac feeding takes about an hour or so each time and he likes to eat every 3 hours so my sleep time is greatly diminished. I know this is what a normal baby does so I can't really complain. O just spoiled me so I didn't really have a concept of what a normal baby was like.


So over all, I'm tired but am getting into a routine. I do have to give some major props to my husband who has been wonderful through this whole process. Nick is a great dad but has always left the dirty parenting to me. Since Isaac arrived he's really stepped up and has made my load so much lighter. I know I couldn't do it without him.

So untill I get another few minutes to myself, I leave you with some cute pictures.


My Boys
My nephew Erik would be green with envy.

The 'Big Puppy'. Nick insisted on buying it while we were down south.














3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That picture is fantastic. What beautiful boys. Okay stunningly handsome. I'm with Nick on the big puppy, how could anyone resist it?
Take care, Nanny Deb

Richard, Margot, Lilibeth, Beckett, Smoot and Kala said...

Glad life is going well at home. I understand about babies not sleeping, ours didn't sleep for more than 45 min at a stretch for a few months. We were seriously loosing the plot by the end! That bed is awesome, Lily would love it. Take care and good luck.

Regards,
Richard

Aida said...

babies makes all these tough men melts..lol Nick insisted on the big puppy?! sounds a lot like Frank, he wanted to get a giant teddy bear, I said..no way..lol

the no sleeping, fussing phase will unfortunately continue till O gets used to Isaac. I hate to break it to you girl..but it will get better. If you are nursing, learn the side lying on the bed nursing, you will thank yourself.