Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Babies and pumpkins


So I guess I'm predictable....

Yes, I planned to take pictures of O in the pumpkin. We ordered it on foodmail (for those who asked) and I can just imagine what it ended up costing us. The picture in the flyer showed a small pumpkin for $2.99 so I thought why not? What arrived was a huge one that took up the whole box. I'm sure it weighs over 20lbs cause it's heavier that Oliver is. I chose not to look at the receipt when it came so I'm not sure how much I paid for shipping, I think ignorance is bliss on this subject.


I decided to invite the girls over to share in the use of the pumpkin. Turns out Meaghan had a couple of her own so a scene was born. The only thing missing was Ezri and Jen. It's just not the same without you ladies! Not to mention your photography skills far outweigh mine... I just couldn't get the lighting right, but please ignore that. The pics are still cute.



Baby Emma is the newest addition to our group. She's only 7 weeks old so she needed a little help from her mom.


Now that the pictures are done I'm going to carve a proper face on him so he can fulfill his Halloween destiny. I'm looking forward to Saturday and passing out candy to the masses. I'll also be glad to get the candy out of my house. I think there is a box or two less now than there was when I bought it. I may have to restock.

6 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

SO CUTE!!!

Now I am really wishing I hadn't let my husband pick out the pumpkin. He came home with this misshapen beast that is going to be a pain in the butt to carve. It would have been cute to put Cavan in one too!!

Cynthia said...

The pictures are totally worth whatever the receipt says :)

jen said...

I love these photos!! The lighting looks great to me! I'm sure the pumpkins still cost the same, we paid only $2.50 for our massive one, it's just whatever shipping cost ouch!

Sarah said...

Too CUTE!!! :) Awesome job on the shots!!! :)

Anonymous said...

So Cute
I'm with the whatever the cost. Great pictures Morena and gorgeous subjects.
Dale

Michelle Boucher said...

So funny! We did the same thing with Finnegan....have to grab the picture opportunities with the babies because they get so big so fast. Hope you are having a great time at home.