Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Meat and potatoes



With his mom coming to town, Nick has been anticipating some good old mom cooking. Tonight was his first taste and she didn't disappoint him in the least. We had roast beef, roasted potatoes and corn, one of his favorite meals. I have attempted to make this same meal from him a few times but I just can't seem to make a decent roast beef. I'd imagine I'd get better at it if I tried more often but honestly, I don't like roast beef. I'm not a 'meat and potatoes' person. Don't get me wrong, I'm a carnivore and really love cow, I just don't enjoy slow roasted meat for some reason. This weekend we're having a huge turkey and Nick just can't wait.

On a completely different note... Today Oliver and I had our first play date in a while. Meaghan and Mercedes are back from their long vacation down south. It was great to have them back in town and Oliver was really happy to see Mercedes again. The only thing missing was Jen and Ezri. The kids kept trying for the same toys over and over and we almost ended up with baby UFC a few times. It was pretty cute. Nice to have you back guys, we'll do it again soon.