Saturday, September 5, 2009

Can I get a Nine?



I think Oliver is playing with me. (If you havn't read in a couple if days please read my previous post to put this one in context) At 5:20 am the red light on the monitor went up to the maximum and a I woke up to a screech. Here we go again. As I always do I took 10 minutes to get myself together while he plays in his crib. I ended up dozing off and when I woke up 15 minutes later, there was silence. OMG! He went back to sleep. YEAH!!!! I was back off to dreamland.

I woke up again at 7:20 and there was still silence. At 7:45, SILENCE! At this point I'm cranking up volume and the monitor and putting it to my ear to it to see if I can hear him breathing. Wow, a nice change from the fives. Well, would you believe we made it to the nines? NINES!!! He was awake a 9:02!!! I don't want to complain but I didn't even get to enjoy it because I spent most of the eights listening to the monitor to make sure he was actually still alive. But I'm not complaining. You know who was complaining? My wonderful husband. Nick and I each take a weekend morning for sleeping in while the other gets up with the boy. He chose to take Sunday as his day to get up and now figures he made the wrong choice. What are the chances O will sleep late again tomorrow? haha! too bad sucker :)


1 comment:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

You lucky rat!!!

My kids are both super duper morning beasts. Good thing I am as well. But at least Hunter is dead asleep by 8pm usually, and now Cavan is out by 8:30 or so.