Friday, August 7, 2009

Achoo and sniff

Many of the northern blogs lately have been posting pics showing the beauty of the local vegetation. I can say for sure I assumed moving here would mean never seeing summer flowers again. Honestly, for me that was almost good news. I have suffered from horrible hay fever since I was very young and I thought I would finally have some relief. No trees or flowers in the summer would mean I wouldn't have to deal with itchy red eyes and the forever running nose.

Turns out I was wrong. There are many beautiful flowers here and my allergies are in full drip. My sneezing is constant and I'm driving Nick crazy. He hates my sneezes. I'm a strange sneezer. I'm sure relief isn't far off since I'm convinced summer is over. It was a better one than alot of Canadians so I won't complain.... as I reach for another kleenex.

3 comments:

Kennie said...

Yes, you guys up in Nunavut did have a much better summer than most of us in the south .. although, I think summer has finally arrived here in New Brunswick ... maybe, I might regret stating that later on when it starts to rain again.

Oh, and I understand the allergy thing, it's been constant sneezing and kleenex use down here for me (along with some nice pill poping).

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

So you will be happy when winter returns!

Morena said...

My dad is a pharmacist... I'm all about pill popping. Long Live Antihistamines!