Monday, April 2, 2012

Mactaquac

Yesterday was a gorgeous spring day here so we packed a picnic and headed to Mactaquac park. Most of the park was closed for the season but we managed to find a nice open space to enjoy.



Then it was time for lunch. And par for the Steeves course we forgot some pretty important items that made the picnic a bust. We'd planned to BBQ hotdogs but without the piece to attach the propane tank we had no fire. O was happy with a raw wiener and the rest of us snacked on pasta salad and timbits. As soon as we got home I made a list of the the things that we need to remember the next time although I'm sure something else will get missed.



It was a fabulous day. I feel like it was a good ending of sorts to my old life as it was the last day of my unconditional freedom.

Today I joined the rat race.....


Source

Although I won't be discussing the details, I started a job today. I will say the position is with the provincial government and I think it's going to be a good fit for our family. Nick is beyond happy that I'm joining the ranks of the employed. I think that's mostly because I'll have less time to shop and if I do, I'll have my own money to spend. He's enjoying it WAY too much in my opinion but I guess I can give him that small victory. We'll see how happy he is when he has to pull his weight on the housekeeping and cooking front.

Times they are a changing......

No comments: