Thursday, November 10, 2011

Hand me downs

What's the worst thing about being a younger sibling?

Many of you would say having to wear hand me downs. I bet Isaac would have the same complaint. Much of what he's wearing is getting it's fourth time around since we got them for Oliver from my sister's little guy. She in turn got them from someone else. I have no complaints about having hand me down clothes. Why spend our money on clothes that kids grow out of so quickly if you don't have to? If they are still wearable... bring 'em on.

But at some point somethings got to give. In the last 3 days, Isaac has blown through the left knee of as many pairs of pants. It's hilarious that it's always the left knee. He does this crawl that only uses 3 limbs. The forth, his right leg, sticks out to the side like a peg leg. This of course means that only the left knee gets worn.



All good things must come to an end and I guess the gravy train on free clothes is too. My sister doesn't live near the people who were giving her all the clothes. Even if she did, Oliver is now the same size as my nephew so he couldn't use them anyway. But of course Isaac is still wearing hand me downs but soon they'll only be seconds and not fourths. I'm sure he's thrilled about that.


Side note: Notice that Isaac is sitting on a table. Please also notice the huge black bruise between his eyes. Table + a climbing baby = huge black bruise between said baby's eyes.

1 comment:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

We have the same problem with Cavan. The clothes have been through 4 or 5 kids by the time he gets them and they are pretty rough. I actually bought him some new shirts this fall since it was tough to find one without a stain!

Great look bruise!!