Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Crafts- Day 3


I was a little nervous about today's craft because I wasn't sure if a two year old and real eggs were a good combination. My original plan was to poke the ends and blow the eggs out before decorating them but my mother suggested hard boiling them. Mmm, I see she's done this with a two year old before.

After they were boiled I soaked them in food coloring to dye the shell and then we decorated them with markers. I was really happy with my egg but O decided it needed more so he went ahead and added his personal touch to it. In the end they are all masterpieces and are now in the fridge so they don't go bad. They are going in to a potato salad at some point this weekend.

Oh... and my fear of having a toddler handle real eggs? Well, only one got cracked, and guess who dropped it?

ME! 





1 comment:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Damn you are full of good ideas! Just using markers? Genius!!!