Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fingers






This is what my fingers look like at the moment.



They are dry, cracked and peeling and looking oh so nice. This happens to my hands every few months especially when we come back from our vacations when my hands are once again getting used to the cold, dry air up here. What I find very strange however is that I have never had this problem on my left hand and I have never, ever had it on the other two fingers. The thumb sometimes will get a minor version, sometimes not. I use Glycomed religiously every night and try and use hand cream as much as I can through the day but it's just not enough to keep the nasty fingers at bay.

Beautiful aren't they??

5 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Ouch!! That looks really painful. :(

Melissa said...

Have a family member mail you up some of the Hemp hand lotion from Body Shop. WONDERFUL stuff. You only need a little and it goes a long way. They also have the body butter and foot cream. All of it wonderful.

Richard, Margot, Lilibeth, Beckett, Smoot and Kala said...

Do you use a humidifier? We find that about 40% seems to keep us happy. Do your kids dry out badly too?

-Richard

Morena said...

We do have humidifyers but it doesn't seem to help my fingers much. It seems they just have to go through this every once and a while. As for the kids, Oliver has never had any issues although I do lube him up with cream after every bath. Isaac on the other hand seems to be much more sensitive. At the moment both our humidifiers are in his room trying to keep his issues at bay and it actually seems to be helping.

Anonymous said...

Try putting vitamin E gel on your fingers and covering them up with a bandage or cotton gloves overnight. Also, mixing some baby oil gel with your current lotion may help!