Friday, September 17, 2010

Just Thoughts





I have really been enjoying parenting lately. I've mentioned it before but the changes in Oliver in the last 8 weeks amaze me to the point that I don't even know where to start. To get to the point, he's gone from Baby to a Little Boy. He's is flirty, funny and charming. He's talking up a storm and you can actually understand him 78% of the time. He says Hello to everyone, everywhere we go and he won't let up till you say hello back to him. When someone leaves our house he'll run to the window to watch them walk the parking lot. Then he'll call goodbye to their car till he can't see it anymore. He's is full of hugs and kisses for everyone. And he's the most laid back kid ever. Nothing rattles him, he just moves on to something else rather than make a fuss about anything. I'm sure all these things are much more endearing to me than they are to anyone else outside our immediate family but if you're also a parent, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm starting to really understand why people enjoy their kids so much. I get loving them, but enjoying them because of the people they are becoming is something I don't think I really got until now.






Now if this other kid would just show up already so I can enjoy him too. Due Monday...

***Photos by Jen Eichenberg***

1 comment:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Love the photos. He is such a gorgeous boy!

I completely know what you mean about enjoying him. My boys are such a hoot now and they are such unique individuals.