Friday, July 23, 2010

Busy, busy, busy....





No, I haven't been swallowed up by a southern black hole. I swear I'm alive and well but wow, have I been busy. I think I now realise why so many people from the north blog... because they have alot of time on their hands. I'm sure that's not true of most honestly but I know in my case, It's the truth. It's amazing to think of how much time I spend on the computer at home in Nunavut and how little I've spent since I arrived in the south.

So what have I been doing with my time? As I mentioned before we made a stop in London Ontario to visit Jen and Ezri before heading back to New Brunswick. We had an amazing time hanging out with our friends and I'm so happy we decided to make that stop. O and Ezri got along really well except for the moment where Ezri decided to bite O's toe off. She didn't get it but did leave some really good marks. We all thought it was pretty funny and O wasn't really hurt so it's all good.

Jen bought Oliver his first ice cream cone at McDonalds. Looks like it was a hit!


Another hilight of our London stop was hooking up with Sarah for lunch.


My favorite part was watching Oliver play at the splash pad at Storybook Gardens. He didn't stop running the whole time he was there. I've never seen him enjoy something so much


After our time in London we hopped a plane back to Saint John. Since being here Oliver has been playing non stop with his cousin Erik and they are also getting along really well for the most part. It's great seeing my family again and having them have a chance to get to know O. We've been doing lots of fun things and despite a unexpected case of separation anxiety we are settling in well.


He thought painting his belly was funny so I added a little myself.


One of the reasons I wanted to come down early was so O could have a chance to experience playgrounds, pools, grassy yards and family. He is enjoying himself so much I'm really glad to we decided to do it. We miss Nick of course and O asks for Daddy regularly but I think all the fun makes it easier to deal with. Hopefully he'll get over the separation soon so I can have a little me time as well. In the meantime, I'm thoroughly enjoying watching my boy love life.


No comments: