Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cake swap






I went to bed last night with a belly ache and no wonder when you take a look at this table.


Meaghan suggested we have a cake swap for our next girls night which we ended up having at my place. Everyone brought a sweet of some kind and we pulled number to see who picked first. I got number one so I chose the one I made... the double chocolate cheesecake. The person with number 2 had the choice to take from the table or steal from me and so on. Needless to say I didn't get to keep my cheesecake but I did end up with 'Sex in a Pan' which is mighty yummy. But I'm not stupid... When I made my cake I poured a little of the filling in a muffin tin so I had 2 individual sizes ones just for me. And Nick, but mostly for me.

It was a really good night with games, prizes, gossip, snacks and lots of laughs. It was just what I needed to get me out of my blahs and give me a better outlook on the week ahead. Maybe it's just the sugar rush but I'll take it.




2 comments:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

What a fun idea! I am in dire need of a girls night myself!

Tara Muise said...

that's an AWESOME idea! i'll have to get something like that going here. i've been doing the crazy dinner parties, but cutting out everything but the dessert is genius...