Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Reunion





I've returned from the Cape Dorset Mommies Reunion Weekend and am happy to say it was a great success. After some touch and go flights we made it on Friday as planned and were met at the airport by Jen and Ezri. We spent the weekend enjoying each others company and letting the kids play. It was great for Meaghan, Jen and I to get caught up and compare notes on the babies just like we used to before Jen left us. Ezri is still by far the biggest one and is still the most vocal. She's just too cute. You can tell she is going to be quite the character. Oliver spent the weekend being beat up on my Mercedes who I'm sure is just expressing her adoration for my little man. She just kept crawling all over him and pulling him down. It was really quite funny and he really didn't seem to mind. They may be destined to be together!



There was of course a good amount of shopping done although I think I kept it to a respectable level. I did buy myself a little Dell 10 inch web book but that doesn't count does it? It was on sale! It'll be great for travelling so it's more of an investment right? I mostly bought things that we needed for the house and a few things for Oliver that he needed to complete his wardrobe. I haven't recieved any divorce threats so I guess I didn't go overboard.

The thing that I found most remarkable for this trip was how good all the kids were in restaurants. On Saturday night we went out for dinner and we were 6 adults and 4 babies. (I'm sure they loved seeing us come through the door) The kids were so well behaved that we had a nice time with great conversation and a yummy meal. I would imagine that the staff was impressed with the behavior until we left and they saw the mess that we left under the table. Like most kids their age, they dropped as much as they put in their mouths. Don't worry, we apologized and left a big tip so hopefully it wasn't so bad in the end.




Meaghan and I want to thank Nathan for taking the days off to drive a very pregnant Jen up to Ottawa so we could spend the weekend with her. It was great to see you again as well. Next time I promise Nick will come too so it'll be a bit more fun for you.



PS: For those who don't know... Jen, Meaghan and I were all due within 2 weeks of each other. Ezri was born December 24th, Oliver December 25th and Mercedes January 20th.




3 comments:

jen said...

lol it was soo much fun! We should make this a yearly event! But you can come back sooner if you have time! Poor Oliver, beaten by both girls and having his food stolen by Ezri.

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

How awesome! Looks like you all had a wonderful time.

Aida said...

awesome! its always good to catch up :)