Monday, January 11, 2010

From 4 legs to 2



As of yesterday afternoon Oliver is no longer a quadruped.

He took his first steps a few days before Christmas. Then he would walk between Nick and I but not without real encouragement and prodding. Yesterday we were watching him in the living room and Nick said something to the effect of you should really just walk already! Well, strangely enough he did. I'm not kidding. O just looked at his dad almost to say, "fine, I will" and walked over to his activity table like it was nothing. If I hadn't seen it myself I wouldn't have believed it.

He's been walking all over the house since then and doing pretty well. He's still pretty wobbly and I'll say it's still not his primary mode of transportation but we're claiming that he's officially a walker. Here is a really short video for the family.





4 comments:

jen said...

What a man! He's pretty much had that walking skill since like 7 months, but only now he is really using it. Hahah. But even still he is an early walker. I love how excited he is in the video. Just think we can make him and Ezri walk the malls when you come down south no more strollers (well maybe just to speed it up a little lol).

Cynthia said...

YAY Oliver!! Great job!

Sarah said...

Go Oliver GO!!!! :)

Aida said...

way to go oliver! i love the look of pride on new-walkers!