Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tagged by Kara





I was so excited to read Kara's Blog yesterday and see that I was one of the people she tagged in an interview blog meme. (yeah, I didn't know what meme meant either. Basically answer questions and pass it on. Click here if you want to more info) I love stuff like this. Gives you insight on people you thought you knew, and then you get to investigate a little about yourself as you try and answer your questions honestly. So here goes:

1. Where would you like to live once you retire?
Why Hawaii of course!! Actually, I'll say for now back in the Maritimes. No matter where we live through our lives, that will always be home to me because my family is there. Having said that, I guess it'll all depend on where my kids are at the time. I'm not the type who needs to live down the street from my kids (at least not yet) but I do want to be close enough to see them semi-regularly. Especially when they make me a grandmother. And I want a house in Hawaii...

2. What causes you to worry the most?
I stress about the teen age years, which is crazy since Oliver is only 17 months old. I think about all the things that kids can get into. You hear about sex parties, teenage pregnancies, STD's, shoplifting, bullying, online stalking by pedophiles...need I go on? While I know I won't be able to shelter them from everything, I hope I raise them in a way that they are well enough equipped to deal with some of the more difficult things they'll be facing. When it comes to the sex issues, I'm glad I won't have girls. When it comes to bullying I hope they aren't bullied but more than that, I hope they don't become bullies themselves.

3. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Play dough!! I was always playing bakery and making pizzas out of it.

4. Do you make decisions quickly and easily or do you fret over them for long periods of time?
Are those the only two choices?  How about the option for getting others to make your decisions for you? I guess that's an exaggeration but I do have a very hard time making decisions. I like to get lots of opinions before I decide anything. I wouldn't say I 'fret' but I do tend to second guess my reasons for going one way or another on an issue. As horrible as it sounds, I really kind of like it when the decision ends up being made for me.

5. What hobby would you pursue if money wasn't an issue?
If I actually had any talent I would say singing professionally. Belting out a good song in my car is one of my favorite hobbies but I can't sing to save my life. I think I would love the rush of being on stage every night, feeding off the energy of my screaming fans. However in my fantasy I can also hold down a completely normal family life without paparazzi or loss of privacy.

So thanks Kara for including me. And as the rule goes, I now pass it on. I'm tagging Jen, Lindsay, Sarah, Clare and Carly. Here are your questions.

1. What is your dream vacation if money was no object?
2. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
3. If you could visit a time in history, when would it be and why?
4. What is your favorite thing about the place you live?
5. What do you think would be the worst job in the word?






No comments: